New Business & RFPs
212 481 2858 x1001
To apply for an open full-time, please send an email to email@example.com. Email should include your cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format. If available, please provide the URL to your online portfolio. Please note that we are not able to accept portfolios via mail. We will only contact applicants if we require further information or to schedule an interview. GHD is an equal opportunity employer.
Environmental Graphic Designer
GHD is searching for a mid-level environmental graphic designer with 3–5 years experience working in three-dimensional space, including environmental graphic design, signage and wayfinding. The candidate's portfolio should demonstrate the ability to articulate concepts through a cohesive visual vocabulary, including the use of materials. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong typographic skills, and attention to detail are critical for developing compelling projects in the built environment, as is an extraordinary passion for design for collaborating with an exceptionally committed design team.
Efficient time management and strong organization skills are required to handle multiple projects and meet rigid deadlines and budgetary constraints. The candidate must be able to work closely and collaboratively with internal team members, third party vendors and partners, and clients, displaying a positive attitude and a strong commitment to excellence.
Responsibilities include research, concept development, design, execution and implementation of various types of projects for corporations and cultural institutions as well as project management and client interaction.
Qualifications & Skills
- Undergraduate design degree; graduate degree preferred
- 3–5 years of work experience
- Expertise in all industry-standard design applications, particularly Adobe Creative Suite; proficiency in CADTools and Sketchup, a plus.
- Firm understanding of fabrication and installation methods
- Experience managing project budgets
- Experience managing client relationships
- Knowledge of ADA standards and NYC Building Code a plus
- Proficient in multi-tasking and juggling several projects at once
- Creative and critical thinker who is equally collaborative and independent
- Passionate about design, art and architecture
How To Apply
Email should include your cover letter, resume and digital portfolio (URL or PDF). We will only contact applicants if we require further information or to schedule an interview. GHD is an equal opportunity employer.
GHD maintains a supportive internship program open to both undergraduate and graduate students in any design field. Please email a cover letter, resume and design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.